Saturday, April 18, 2009

Be in the moment

I remember having moments when I was so exhausted that the thought of making dinner or putting the kids to bed....well I couldn't do it. R would have to step in, we were good about dividing things like that. Now, well when you don't have a choice it becomes easy. How do I survive on little sleep, little study time, little money, little me time, and the list goes on...Well because I don't have a choice. Someday it won't be so hard, someday I will have free time and be more self independent. But for now, I'm doing what I need to do. Whatever I need to do. And it's not hard, when you don't have any other options, it becomes second nature. Dinner, while studying, making dessert, changing the dvd, doing laundry...all at the same time? No problem! Just turn on my ipod and dance my way through it. I will have time later to read a book, but I won't have time later to hug my 2 year old when he's 3. Or work with Syd on letter sounds when she's 12. Savor now!! It's not so bad when you just be in the moment.


Something good....I shoveled my driveway today. I didn't like it, but I did it. And I shoveled my neighbors side walk too. Who knows? Maybe they were having a bad day. Someone helped me, so I'm going to help another.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment