Monday, April 13, 2009

Eat some food you dork!

I work in a hospital I'm in nursing school, I've been through EMT school, I have kids...I've seen it all. Nothing scares me or makes me cringe! Well today was my clinical day in the ER. I still wasn't feeling good so I had some oatmeal for breakfast. Then off I went to clinicals. I was in the ER, assisting the dr with stitches, sterile gloves on, holding someones lip up so the doc could stitch and I got this really funny feeling. I look up at another nurse and she says "you're really white." My response..."I feel funny." Then I let go and fell to the ground. I didn't lose consciousness, I just couldn't open my eyes or move. I knelt down there while everyone is freaking out. And my only thought is, I'm kneeling on the ground in a white scrub dress (yes I wear a dress, it's cute) So finally I get into a wheelchair and eventually after being force fed orange juice I start to feel better. One of the nurses says, yeah sometimes seeing a laceration like that for the first time can do that....Wait, I don't care about blood, or cuts, or anything like that! So what happened? I've never EVER been anywhere close to fainting, ever! Well, thinking about it, since I've felt so sick I basically haven't eaten anything since Saturday. So maybe I need food. Actually after lunch I felt 10 times better.

Morale of the story, eat something you dork!

Klair's wedding was today. Joyana took AMAZING pics! I can't wait to post them. I was doing fine, until I saw Sydnee walking down the aisle. A whole montage of the moments of our life and all the things I had dreamed about flooded my mind. It hurts, even when I'm starting to accept more and more that this is the right thing. It still hurts.


Something good.....I wear a scrub dress, a flower in my hair, and fishnet stockings with a seam. It's totally different, and I wear it with pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment