Monday, August 17, 2009

Sydnee's First Day of Kindergarten

There should be a mandatory get together lunch for all the Mommy's who have to leave their babies at school for the very first time. Why don't enrichment committees ever think of that? The veteran Moms can celebrate, and the rookie Moms can cry!


I am excited! I know that she needs to be in school, it just stings a little because there should be another parent next to me. You know the one who is also a little emotional but then teases me and tells me not to be such a big baby about it!


I kept telling Syd that I wasn't going to let her go to school. She is too little and she needs to stay home with me forever. Sydnee's response was "I have to go to school. I need to learn to do hair and talk on a phone!" Wait aren't you going to kindergarten or are you skipping that and moving
straight into junior high?


We had a family dinner last night and Sydnee got to pick what we were eating. She picked nachos (steak fajitas) and cupcakes.


Master griller that I am!


Syd showing off the cupcakes that she made!


Becks watching Thomas the train, while holding Thomas the train and probably thinking "Mom, you're distracting me from Thomas the train!"

Bella, that little puppy who I think looks like a teenager dog.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
Sydnee picked to wear an outfit that Grandma McBride sent her. Thank you it is so adorable!
She's too big, make her stop!
I asked her why her eyes were so squinty. She told me that's just how she smiles.
Waiting outside the classroom

And now I get to spend all day with this spunky monkey!

Good luck Sassy! Don't worry about being shy, you'll get over that. I know you're excited to make friends, it will happen. I love you! I am so proud of you! You are the best helper and I'm really going to miss you. I can't believe how big you are getting. You've already had more heartache and trials in your little life than you should, and you're going to have more. But I love you baby. You are such a stubborn independent girl, who makes sure she always gets what she wants. You keep that, don't give up who you are and what you want.

Something good....pretty pink flowers
K

2 comments:

  1. Taylor started kindergarten today (she's only doing half day, so they started on a different day), and the school is actually hosting a "boo-hoo" breakfast for the parents of the kindergartners so that we can all comiserate together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for school...and sad mommies. :) Our enrichment had a little get together breakfast after we all dropped our kids off. It was great. You should be the one to start it next year! Love you!

    ReplyDelete